The Christian calendar is organized around two major centers of Sacred Time: Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany; and Lent, Holy Week, and Easter, concluding at Pentecost. Different colors are associated with different seasons, and the changing colors of communion table and pulpit coverings (called paraments), or wall banners, provide visual clues for the seasons. Our church has certain events that occur based on the season.
- Christmas Concert - 1st Sunday in Advent music to help us focus on the joy, peace, love and faith that Jesus' birth brings us.
- Candlelight Christmas Eve Service
Spring (Lent, Holy Week & Easter, Pentecost)
- Ash Wednesday Service, Maundy Thursday & Good Friday Services
- Sonrise Easter Service & Easter Egg Hunt after late service
- Church Garage Sale - Simplify your belongings - Make room for Christ
- Confirmation Class (runs Jan.-May during Sunday School for 6th grade and up)
- Graduation Sunday (We celebrate our graduating high school and college seniors)
Fall (Blessing of the Animals, All Saint's Day & Thanksgiving)
- Promotion "Rally" Day (Student's advance a grade for Sunday School) and Blessing of the Backpacks to prepare kids and teachers for the start of school
- Blessing of the Animals - an outdoor celebration held on a Sunday close to the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi (October 4). The emphasis is on God’s gifts of animals, the natural world, and the unity we share in being responsible stewards of God’s creation.
Everyone in the church and the community who love animals, along with their pets and human friends, are invited to this service. We individually bless each animal that is brought to the service.
- Lucas Founders Day - a parade and celebration we support that the City of Lucas sponsors on the last Sat. in October